Every year Rolex introduces new models at the Basel Watch Fair in Basel, Switzerland, and every year Rolex fans cannot wait to see what is coming out. This year did not disappoint, as Rolex introduced some brand new models and gave some current models additional options.
While I was stuck here in the San Jose Bay Area as I was not able to attend the Basel show this year, despite the time difference I did my absolute best to follow along with the newly released Rolex product via social media. Rolex has always been really good at showcasing the new watches on their website, but recently they have also embraced social media with Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest accounts.
Here are the new Rolex watches released at Basel for 2016.
1. The new generation of the classic Datejust, featuring an updated design in a 41 mm case and the new Rolex movement, calibre 3235.
2. The new Rolex Air-King in 904L steel with a 40 mm case and a distinctive black dial featuring a combination of large 3, 6 and 9 numerals marking the hours, and a prominent minutes scale for navigational time readings.
3. The Day-Date 40 anniversary edition in 18 ct Everose gold with a green dial.
4. Introducing a new version of the Rolex Pearlmaster 39 in 18 ct Everose gold with a dial paved with 713 diamonds.
5. Introducing the new Lady-Datejust 28 in Everose Rolesor with a redesigned case enlarged to 28 mm and a high-performance mechanical movement, calibre 2236
6. The new Rolex Yacht-Master 37 in Rolesium, a combination of steel and platinum, with a dark rhodium, sunray finish dial.
7. Originally launched in 1953 in the wake of the first successful ascent of Mount Everest, the Rolex Explorer achieved iconic status. The new Explorer features a full Chromalight display.
8. A new version of the Yacht-Master 40, Rolex’s emblematic nautical watch, is being introduced for the first time in Everose Rolesor, in a 40 mm case with a chocolate dial.
9.The new Pearlmaster 39 in 18 ct Everose gold, a treasure among its gem-set watches.
10.The new Daytona in 904L steel with a black Cerachrom bezel and white dial with contrasting snailed subdials.
I think out of all of the new models released by Rolex this year, my personal favorite is the new Rolex Daytona. I already own a Daytona, so I may be a bit biased, however I love the look of the black Cerachrom bezel contrasting with the white dial.
Which of the new Rolex watches is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below! Or click here for more Rolex product